Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 24 March 2010

Rugby Union.

Now this is a very personal issue to me, one that I feel passionate about. So, if you are a fan of this 'sport', I wouldn't read on......

Growing up in a rugby LEAGUE town has no doubt influenced my thinking on this sport. Hull K.R and Hull F.C have established themselves as two of the more historic, traditional and respected teams in the game. They dominated the game in the late 70's and 80's and have re-established themselves in the top flight. In addition to this, the amateur game in the region is regarded as one of the strongest in the country and has been for many years.

However, no matter how much this may have influenced my opinion, it baffles me as to how people can enjoy rugby onion. It is utterly detestable. Not just the sport itself, but the people who play it, coach it and watch it.

I'll lay all my cards on the table now. It is a sport played by extremely limited individuals, who are often fat, slow and soft in comparison to league players. Having made the mistake of watching union before, or being made to watch it, it often looks like these blithering idiots would rather be having a fucking orgy with each other.

Union enthusiasts will tell you that their game if far more tactical than league. BULLSHIT. Putting it simply, it's just fucking boring. I'd rather go out drinking with John fucking Major, even that would be more of a laugh. What union people do not understand is that League acknowledges the importance of entertaining the 'paying customer', moving the ball around the pitch with some skill and endeavor to score what we call a "TRY". Union however is one big territorial battle, usually fought out by the two full-backs punting the ball from end to end like a disturbing game of ping-pong played by people with weight disabilities. This horrifyingly boring experience only ends when one of them manages to find that modicum of ability to actually kick the ball into touch.

How 80,000 people can go and watch this turgid shit at 'Twikkers' (Twikkers?!?) every week is beyond me. Watching a group of moronic toffs who weigh 25stone boot a ball back and forth cannot be called entertainment, never mind a sport. All the while, rugby league, a far more  entertaining and free-flowing sport, gets ignored and has to survive on the bones of its arse.

People may say to me 'are you hard enough to play rugby union?', to which i would reply 'maybe not'. Either way, I wouldn't find it that testing to grasp the mentality of the game. 'KICK BALL FAR' being one of them. Also, if I felt like it, i could just rake my studs down some fat bastards back and then hide. Yeah, it's a real hard mans game.

Jonny Wilkinson is a little pussy who can fuck off. Put him in Super League and see how long he lasts. It wouldn't be long, I promise you that. Remember that tackle he made? If you're a rugby league fan you won't because it was  JUST A TACKLE. I remember because it was given relentless coverage on TV. I'd love to see someone like Adrian Morley running at him instead of some lumbering buffoon who's mummy and daddy paid for his Eton education.

Union also represents the huge divide between the north and south, so obviously all the money is in rugby union and it receives substantial backing from the media. I've got good mind to blame that poisonous little woman that used to be in charge of this country. The north is still feeling the affects of that cretinous little urk, even if it is just sport.

If I Ran The World, this so-called sport that is a mockery to the term 'rugby' would be kept solely to the south and well-the-fuck away from TV. 

No comments:

Post a Comment